I declare weeknights the best for entertaining. (Makes it so official, right?) For us, the best night of the week for entertaining is Tuesday. Now that we have entertained two Tuesdays in a row I am completely hooked. Tuesdays are the weekday that we have the least amount of activities going on. A little respite that begs for some fun. If you live anywhere near us prepare for an invite. Here is my super convincing argument for why you should entertain on weeknights.
- Entertaining on weeknights frees up your weekend. Thanks, Captain Obvious (right?). But, not so fast. We live somewhere that people are always going to the coolest places on weekends. Daytrips, long weekends, vacations, the whole deal. Entertaining on a weeknight means that we can go do all these things, too!
- It’s easier to stay closer to your healthy eating habits on weekdays. Weekdays feel more routine and rigid which can be good and bad. The good part is that having people over on a weeknight busts up the routine and makes it more exciting. But, being used to the weekly routine also makes it a time when you will still have your “healthy choices” momentum going for the week and it’ll make it easier for you to keep portions reasonable.
- Some weekdays are the worst…but your friends aren’t. Ya know those days that just seem like your life has become The Office (like work will never end and you are counting the minutes ’til the weekend)? Or your kids all decide to take turns revolting? Is it better if they do it at once or tag-off all day long? I still can’t decide. Looking forward to having some of your favorite people over for dinner makes it so much easier to get to dinner time in one piece.
- Everyone loves when someone else makes dinner. Word. Everyone is always busy. That is a given no matter who your friends are. They need a nice meal. And on a busy weeknight giving them one less thing to worry about may just make you their favorite person.
- You won’t feel like a goober for going to bed early. I have to be in pajamas around 9 pm. When we entertain on weekends I always get so tired! On weeknights everyone has something to do the next day so no one can stay out too late. This makes me feel normal! (Okay, at least normal in this regard.)
- You’ll make so much food you’ll have two dinners for the week instead of just one. No one ever likes to run out of food so chances are you’ll end up making enough food for you, your guests and the next night, too. Two dinners in one, hollaaaaaaa!
- It is a great excuse to make your favorite things. Any normal weeknight it would just feel weird to make something fancy or super yummy or something that may take a little extra planning. If you entertain on a weeknight you can take those liberties and not feel like a big geek. Go ahead, make dessert even.
What do you think is the best night of the week to entertain? I’d love to hear your reasons why in the comments section below!Connect with Radishes Are Pink on social media: